The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, training materials, technical proposal development, explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner and working with engineering and program management staff to ensure accuracy of product descriptions. If you have experience as a Technical Writer in the Aircraft, UAV or Advanced Technology industry, we encourage you to submit an application.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures, maintenance manuals and training curriculum materials, work procedures, technical documentation
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications to support engineering
- Produce documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Configuration management, updates, and revisions to technical manuals
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software/hardware documentation.
- Ability to deliver
high qualitydocumentation while paying attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking of projects.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a relevant field.
- Experience in
generationof Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, Service Bulletins, AircraftMaintenance Manual, Pilot Operation Handbook, ASTM documents.
Abilities: Work well with personnel at all levels, focus on priority issues, effective time management.
Typically, you will be in an office environment with team members without cubicles.
- Confidence, enthusiastic, works well in an open highly collaborative environment that requires a discipline focus approach against distractions.
- Technology driven
- Ability to multitask