JOB TITLE: Trim Shop/Bodywork Technician
REPORTS TO: Composites Manager
Glasair Aviation USA, an industry leader in light aircraft design, manufacture, and builder-assist programs, has an immediate opening for a Trim Shop/Bodywork Technician. This position reports to the Composites Manager and will be responsible for high-quality bodywork and prepping aircraft parts for assembly and paint. We provide competitive pay, health, dental and vision benefits, and a friendly, stable work environment.
Normal business hours are Mon-Thurs,
- Performs bodywork and paint prep
- Sprays primer on some parts
- Safely handles and maintains power tools
- Practices proper PPE protocol
- Processes parts in Trim Shop
- Identifies any manufacturing variance and reports to
- Safely trims parts per specifications
- Sands and deburrs edges
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Good work ethic. Must be reliable with dependable transportation. Must be able to
keepcommitmentsand be willing to disconnect from personal devices during work hours.
- Exceptional technical aptitude, analytical skills and an organized approach to
- Experience with hand tools.
- Ability to read engineering blueprints.
- Must be able to work with a team and be willing to learn.
- Must be able to take direction from management.
- This is not an
entry levelposition. Previous experience in auto body repair required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Standing and walking on concrete throughout the day
- Constant exposure to noise, dust, fumes, carbon fiber and fiberglass
- Possible skin and inhaled contact of sealants, paints, adhesives and other chemicals